Sunday, June 15, 2008

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Well, it's father's day and naturally it's got me thinking about my father and the other father figures in my life. I'm very grateful for the influence and example my father was for me. Also, I was thinking about how great it was to have grandfathers in life. I was fortunate enough to grow up with both of my grandfathers around a lot. You know, during those teenage years when you wish your parents would just go on a permanent vacation, it was helpful to have a grandfather to talk to and to give you the advice you needed to hear, but didn't want to hear from your parents. So, hurray for fathers! The grand kind and the regular kind.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

It's great your grandfathers could give you the support and advice you needed. I really miss mine. They are such great resources.

Sue said...

Welcome to Blogworld! I love your comments. You will find the article in the AJC today Monday 16 entitled Being "hot" the warped be-all,end all" by Anthony Abeson. In it he talks about the concepts of what's hot and what's not and how it has evolved. It is a sad commentary on our society. Your insights in your previous blog were very insightful.

The Nana said...

Great start, Justin! I enjoyed your first post too, very deep thinking. I am thankful for all the Dad's in my family too!